BCD Travel Freelance Event Manager in Singapore
A culture of purpose: Where will your BCD M&E career take you?
As perfectionists, artists, strategic thinkers and leaders in the industry, we believe culture is defined by its people. We are looking for exceptional people who rise to our standards while bringing their unique perspective to the table. Are you interested in adding to both our mission and our energy?
Freelance Event Manager Singapore
Assignment Duration: 9 March 2020 -- 10 July 2020 (18 weeks)
The Event Manager owns, builds, manages & maintains client relationships. They are responsible for site research, venue selection, RFP development, negotiations, contracting, budgeting, and program logistics, value-added client counseling, onsite management, billing, and savings consolidation.
- Oversee program development, planning and execution of all assigned programs from the point of meeting registration
- Add value to client by counselling client on best practices, meeting policies and guiding the client on ways to make their event successful
- Responsible for event budget management -- Communicate budgetary information to client throughout the planning and execution of meeting
- Negotiate and contract preferred vendors for quality of service and maximum pricing advantage with professionalism and integrity
- Determine and arrange detailed program requirements
- Facilitate the fulfilment of program related participant and host communication materials, including, but not limited to save-the-dates, registration announcements, room gifts, pre-trip and onsite materials, including program signage and participants name badges.
- Track and manage hotel and vendor attrition, cancellation and deposit schedules.
- Participate as needed, in operational site visits.
- Conduct internal pre-program briefings and debriefings, including client briefing and post-program debriefings.
- Provide on-site program assistance; oversee all arranged details of program
- Ensure internal and external reporting requirements are met.
- Review supplier bills for accuracy and ensure timely payment and final billing process.
- Manage according to Standard Operating Procedures and Service Level Agreement metrics.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Meeting Hosts to ensure repeat and new business.
- Responsible for protecting confidential information of BCD M&E and Client.
- Consult with Client during research of venues ensuring client requirements are met in meeting specifications.
- Prepare venue comparison report and communicate budgetary information to Client
- Utilize preferred venues for quality of service; minimize risk and maximize pricing advantage while maintaining the highest level of quality, professionalism and integrity
- Maintain positive supplier relationships.
- Initiate vendor contacts for information and pricing on assigned meetings using E-RFP tool.
- Manage according to Standard Operating Procedures and Service Level Agreement metrics including cost savings
- Keep abreast of new destination options, well-priced seasonal destination options and "hot date" offerings.
- Coordinate site inspections with suppliers, client and program manager. Prepare appropriate site inspection material for clients.
- Responsible for program data management, data integrity and client reporting. Ensure data reconciliation is complete and accurate. Update Client and suppliers as needed.
- Reconcile all final participation data for accurate final attendee report. Update program cancellations, late adds and walk-ins to ensure final attendee database is accurate and complete.
- Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, as requested
We're looking for you if your profile matches the following:
- Diploma or Degree in Event Management or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in planning corporate meetings, incentives and/or special events
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in client management
- Minimum of 3 years' experience with hotel venues sourcing, negotiating and contracting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong time management and organizational skills to manage multiple projects
- Excellent customer service skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to ever-changing scenarios
- Capability of problem solving - Anticipating, initiating and resolving issues
- Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision
Get to know us
At BCD Meetings & Events (BCD M&E), we provide more than meeting and event planning and execution. We are in the business of creating impactful human connections that matter. Connections that inspire, motivate and change behavior for our customers. As the world's most trusted and innovative meetings and events agency, BCD M&E cultivates a culture of people, passion and purpose to drive business forward. Headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the world, BCD M&E's team of 1,500+ people are committed to driving success for our customers, our business and ourselves. Learn more about our company here!
See if you belong at bcdme.com.
This position is not open to third-party recruiting agencies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled