BCD Travel Junior Business Controller in Netherlands
Are you looking for an international career in finance and do you have 1-2 year financial experience? This job within our EMEA controlling department could be what you're looking for!
Junior Business Controller Full time, Utrecht
Your focus will be on creating and analyzing management reports using revenue and cost analysis. In this role you provide the necessary analysis and data in order to advice managers and executives on relevant economic developments using revenue and cost analysis.
- Contribute in the month end closing process and in the set-up of various budgets and forecasts from several countries within Europe
- Take part in different international and functional workgroups and projects
- Analyze the productivity of work processes from different departments like account management and operations
- Discuss the outcome of your analyses with the relevant departments and find out the story behind the numbers by asking the right questions
- Working on temporary projects like aligning the financial reporting between countries
- You get the chance to start your own improvement projects when you identify areas where there is room for progress
- Monthly reporting being responsible for some EMEA countries
- Bachelor or Master degree in Economics, ideally with the main focus on Controlling/Accounting
- Minimum 1 year experience in a financial role
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Strong numeric and analytical skills and capable of analyzing processes
- Good Excel skills
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English (Dutch, French, Spanish or German is a plus)
- Knowledge of SAP FiCo, BI/BW, and BPC, and relevant controlling instruments and methods are a plus
About the department At our EMEA controlling department you will set up and analyze a diversity of reports for several countries within Europe. Which means that one day you can be in contact with your colleagues from Germany and the other day you might create a report for your colleagues in Sweden. You will work with several departments within BCD Travel which makes you really understand the structure of our organization. The Business Travel industry is a fast changing environment where you will constantly need to change your planning in order to be successful in your job. Together with the finance department, we are in charge of month-end-closing processes and establishing the results.
What we offer you This is an exciting job within an international work environment where you will work with people from different cultural backgrounds. Our company culture is incredibly supportive and takes employee welfare seriously with a strong emphasis on ethics and corporate social responsibility. You'll be working with a great, close and international team of colleagues. Next to this, we offer you a competitive salary, training, career development and a dynamic work environment.
How to apply Is this your next career move? Create a profile and upload your CV and cover letter in English via our website. If you have any questions regarding this position please contact Suzanne Miechels, Recruiter EMEA, at +31-(0)20 562 1799 or at jobsEMEA@bcdtravel.nl. Please send your application via the website, not by e-mail thank you.
Get to know us BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. For travelers, this means keeping them safe and productive, and equipping them to make good choices on the road. For travel and procurement managers, it means advising them on how to grow the value of their travel program. In short, we help our clients travel smart and achieve more. We make this happen in 108 countries with almost 13,000 creative, committed and experienced people.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled