BCD Travel Visual Studio Developer in United Kingdom
Are you looking Front End Web Developer looking for your next move?
Would you like to work for a leading global travel company in the UK? The role can be based from home but will require travel to London when needed.
Have experience using Visual Studio and Azure? And a good working knowledge of MS tools including Access and Excel?
If you've answered 'yes' to the above, then we can offer you a great opportunity to join us as key member of our truly international data management team.
It's a full-time, permanent (not contract) role based on a 37.5-hour Monday to Friday working week.
To succeed, you'll be comfortable working independently, with minimal supervision but will be happy to work with colleagues in other countries too. You'll work well with our IT department too. You'll be confident designing and developing areas of our internal website. You'll gather and understand requirements, identify gaps and ensure that our site(s) meet the needs of the user, updating technical requirements as necessary. We are always looking to improve so you will be keen to identify efficiencies and be a positive ambassador for the team's service delivery and will want to continue to learn on the job.
Your focus will be:
- Designing and developing internal websites
- Identifying internal customer needs - listening to information, asking probing questions, applying knowledge and creating solutions
- Reviewing and analysing, making suggestions for improvements
- Trouble-shooting and bug fixing
- Acting as SME (Subject Matter Expert)
- Working in a project-focussed environment
- Having deep knowledge of database management and data manipulation,
- Keeping abreast of emerging technologies and industry trends. Maintaining a current knowledge of new releases, bugs and issues and communicating and documenting these to others
- Proven experience working with data, gathering, analysing and supporting data and MIS systems
- In depth understanding of MS products, Excel, Access and SQL to include the ability to effectively write and interpret queries and results
- Proven experience with Visual Studio - ASP.Net, VB.NET, C#, VBA
- Desired - knowledge of Cloud Computing to help with future expansion of current platforms, AWS, Azure
- Thorough understanding of database systems, databases, business intelligence/reporting tools
- Excellent customer service skills and an enthusiastic, collaborative approach
- Good written and oral communication skills (in English)
- Keen attention to detail, strong organizational and planning skills, used to working in a project environment, comfortable acting on own initiative
What we offer you
This is an exciting opportunity within an international corporate travel company. You'll be working with a great team of colleagues across the globe, using the very latest travel technology. We offer great prospects, training, career development and a dynamic working environment. We're an Investor in People so are committed to ensuring our employees fulfil their true potential.
Your work location
This role will be based in the UK with the need to travel to BCD offices as required, particularly our London City office. You will need suitable home working accommodation to allow you to work without interruption.
How to apply
Register on our careers site and upload your CV. A brief covering letter telling us more about your skills and experience is always a help.
About BCD Travel
BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. We give travellers innovative tools that keep them safe and productive and help them make good choices on the road. We partner with travel and procurement leaders to simplify the complexities of business travel, drive savings and satisfaction, and move whole companies toward their goals. In short, we help our clients travel smart and achieve more. We make this happen in 109 countries with almost 13,800 creative, committed and experienced people. And it's how we maintain the industry's most consistent client retention rate, with 2018 sales of US$27.1 billion. For more information, visit www.bcdtravel.com.
And to stay informed about new career opportunities at BCD Travel
Use the 'notify me' button at our careers centre to be one of the first to hear about interesting opportunities in the future. Select "GBR" as your filter on the left-hand side of the screen for updates on all UK-based vacancies or else choose by your area of special interest. And don't forget to follow us on LinkedIn too where we post regularly.
You must have the right to live and work in the UK for this role.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled