BCD Travel Venue Sourcing Consultant in United Kingdom
As a Venue Sourcing Consultant, you should always aim to exceed client expectations and deliver service excellence at all times. You will be responsible for finding venues for both UK and international events and meetings. This will involve creating proposals, collating data, negotiating rates, visiting venues, checking contracts and more, whilst ensuring client process requirements are met. Don't worry if you haven't done this before, as you will be thoroughly trained.You have a great opportunity to join our friendly, ever-growing and highly-focused venue sourcing team in the Putney office of BCD Meetings & Events. You'll be self-motivated; work well as part of a team; highly organised, thrive on pressure and have a strong attention to detail.
You should have excellent written and verbal communication skills and -- as this is a client-facing role - you will have the ability to build strong relationship with your clients, whilst managing multiple, deadline-driven enquiries. The ability to multi-task and prioritise is essential, and you will have to be customer-focused at all times and always act in a professional manner.
Our company values of vision, innovation, service, integrity, teamwork and strength should resonate. So, if you're interested in working for one for the largest meetings and events agencies in the world, and this role gets you excited, apply today.
- Understand and keep up to date with individual client processes and procedures
- Enquiry process - to understand and accurately detail the clients brief
- Research Process - identify a list of suitable venues to contact
- Contact the list of suitable venues by either telephone, email or external online sourcing platforms and check availability for all required facilities
- Negotiate rates and terms and conditions with the venue
- Maximise leverage opportunities
- Finalise details and request the contract
- Check contracts to ensure they are accurate and meet client's addendums, negotiate where applicable
- Confirm the booking on our internal system and any other booking platform as required
- Ensure the commission is detailed correctly for handover to the accounts department
- Keep internal system updated with all current information and daily tasks completed and site visits notes
- Ensure client feedback on the venue is obtained after the event
Skills & Experience
- Time Management
- Commercial awareness
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work under own guidance
- Knowledge of Excel
- Venue Knowledge
- Self-motivated, multi-tasker
- Confident communicator (verbal & written)
- Thrives on pressure
- Consistent and self-discipline
What we offer you:
This is a terrific opportunity within an international working environment. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package, training, career development and a dynamic work culture.
Get to know us:
BCD Meetings & Events is a full-service, global meetings and events agency. We design solutions and experiences where people, passion and purpose come together to drive business results. We are uniquely positioned in being able to manage high end event experiences and strategic meetings management programs with equal degrees of expertise. We are experts who love what we do - so will you.
You must have the right to live and work in the UK for this role.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled