BCD Travel Senior Travel Consultant in United Kingdom
Are you an experienced corporate travel expert?
Do you have a background handling VIP/high-end travel?
Are you a Galileo genius (Travelport) or have super Sabre skills and are able to book and ticket for your business travel customers?
Do you know just how to manage their trips, to get the right price and make recommendations for the smoothest of journeys?
If so, we could have just the right opening for you to get 2019 off to a great start!
We've a large corporate travel centre in central Liverpool, minutes from the Mersey, from where our travel-savvy team keep our global travellers on the move.
To succeed, you'll have the skills and knowledge to make recommendations for the best place to stay in a city, the most comfortable seat onboard or the latest supplier offers. You'll understand clients' budgets and company travel policies and will do all you can to ensure compliance.
- Delivering first-class customer service for a wide variety of business travellers, including VIPS
- Handling reservations and ticketing for air, hotels, rail and car hire. Dealing with amendments, cancellations and schedule changes
- Being aware of client travel policies and offering the best deals possible within budget
- Ensuring that you keep up to date with travel industry products and services
- Previous travel industry/ air reservations experience -- ideally gained within a TMC/flight centre
- Recent hands-on knowledge of Travelport/Galileo or Sabre to include ticketing
- IATA Fares and Ticketing expertise -- knowledge of nett fares an advantage
- A warm, confident, reassuring telephone manner
- Good worldwide geography and keen attention to detail
What we offer you
This is a great opportunity to work for a leading global travel organization. You'll be working with a super team of colleagues and will be happy to support one another. We'll offer you a competitive salary, ongoing training and career development prospects and a dynamic working environment. We're an Investor in People and regularly win awards for service excellence.
Your work location
This role is based at our Liverpool office with lovely Mersey views.
How to apply
Is this your next career move? Don't wait any longer. Register now at our careers centre if you've not already done so. Upload your CV and ideally a brief covering letter too.
Get to know us
BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. For travellers this means keeping them safe and productive, and equipping them to make good choices on the road. For travel and procurement managers, it means advising them on how to grow the value of their travel programme. In short, we help our clients travel smart and achieve more. We make this happen globally with more than 13,000 creative, committed and experienced people. And it's how we maintain an industry leading client-retention rate of 95%, with 2017 sales of US$25.7billion. For more information, visit www.bcdtravel.co.uk.
And to stay informed about new career opportunities at BCD Travel
Use the 'notify me' button at our careers centre to be one of the first to hear about interesting opportunities in the future. Select "GBR" as your filter on the left-hand side of the screen for updates on all UK-based vacancies or else choose by your area of special interest.
And don't forget to follow us on LinkedIn too where we post regularly.
You must have the right to live and work in the UK for this role. We will consider those on working holiday visas for short term opportunties (between 6 and 12 months) at this office.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled