BCD Travel Proposal Writer in United Kingdom
Are you creative thinker, a great story teller and love the travel industry?
Do you have an understanding of sales, marketing and the RFP process?
And are you ready to work hard but be rewarded for your efforts?
If you are looking for a challenging role that is fast paced within a multinational sales environment, then you should apply -- you're just the person we're looking for.
Bid Specialist - Full time role (37.5 hour) week -London
As a Bid Specialist, you will prepare responses to Requests for Information (RFIs), Requests for Proposal (RFPs), Request for Quotations (RFQs) and other client requested documents. You will have responsibility of your own projects and support the regional European, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) sales team as well as the global sales team too. Your experience with project management, corporate communications, and your previous roles in sales support will contribute to writing winning, compliant, profitable results. Your way with words will turn technical details into benefits for our customers. You'll share best practises and knowledge across the teams you work with, so strong leadership skills and organisation are a must.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
The duties of the role together with responsibilities will include, amongst others:
- Write quality responses to requests for a wide variety of proposals including multinational proposals and research for answers required to respond to RFIs, RFPs and RFQs
- Manages the proposal development process and individual bid team to ensure timely proposal completion including; acting as primary point of communication within the proposal development process; establishing and managing timelines and deliverables; scheduling meetings, taking and distributing meeting notes; coordinating with the pricing team and ensuring that the proposal is submitted to client according to established deadlines and delivery methods.
- Leads conference calls/meetings with multiple levels of management and contributors; keeps calls on topic and ensures appropriate sales strategy is developed; works with stakeholders to validate strategy in global business context.
- Ensures proposals, supporting materials and client-facing documents are accurate for grammar, style, continuity and content.
- Proof reads and edits proposals and business development/marketing materials, as needed, to improve clarity, accuracy and readability.
- Translate statistics and technical details into customer value and ensures suitability for insertion into proposal content database
- Support sales efforts across a variety of projects
- Build good relationships with internal stakeholders
We're looking for you if your profile matches the following:
- Degree in English or Journalism, or equivalent
- Proven experience in a bid writing role
- Excellent English both verbal and written communication skills, and presentation
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Knowledge of travel industry will be advantageous
- Strong ability to listen and translate sales strategies into a compelling written message
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse, multi-cultural, cross-functional international teams
- Tremendous attention to detail and excellent organisational skills, proof reading skills experience required
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Proven proposal editing and writing
- Ability to travel, when required
What we offer you
This is an exciting opportunity within an international company. You'll be working with a great team of colleagues. And we offer you a competitive salary, training, career development and a dynamic working environment. We're an Investor in People so keen to help you make the most of your potential.
Your work location
This role is based at our offices in London adjacent to Liverpool St station.
How to apply
Is this your next career move? Don't wait any longer. Register now at our careers centre if you've not already done so. Upload your CV and be sure to also provide a cover letter letting us know why you are applying and what value you would bring to this role if selected.
Get to know us
BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. For travellers, this means keeping them safe and productive, and equipping them to make good choices on the road. For travel and procurement managers, it means advising them on how to grow the value of their travel program. For executives, we ensure that the travel program supports company objectives. In short, we help our clients travel smart and achieve more. We make this happen in 108 countries with almost 13,000 creative, committed and experienced people. And it's how we maintain the industry's most consistent client retention rate (95% over the past 10 years).
And to stay informed about new career opportunities at BCD Travel
Use the 'notify me' button at our careers centre to be one of the first to hear about interesting opportunities in the future. Select "GBR" as your filter on the left-hand side of the screen for updates on all UK-based vacancies or else choose by your area of special interest.
And don't forget to follow us on LinkedIn too where we post regularly.
You must have the existing right to live and work in the UK for this role - we cannot consider you if you do not meet this requirement.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled