BCD Travel Online Booking Tools - Systems Administrator in United Kingdom
Travel System Administrator Online Booking Tools - must include GDS knowledge and Concur
Full time role (37.5 hour per week) -- based in the UK
You will offer 2nd line support to our corporate travel customers and 1st line support to your colleagues and Site Administrators for our Travel Technology Solutions and online booking tools. As part of a virtual team of System Administrators across the world, you will help our users and Site Administrators by supporting them with complex incidents and manage configuration changes. You'll respond to request for help by e-mail via our workflow tool SDP. Incidents are assessed, registered, solved and if needed escalated to Development or Configuration Management. You'll consult and provide available documentation and process description to ensure the correct answer is given.
To succeed, you'll need to demonstrate bot Site Admin and Business Travel experience, GDS knowledge and excellent English communication skills.
- Validate, review and monitor escalation processes from the Site Administrators
- Solve incidents and communicate the solution to the Site Administrators or the customers
- Complete the incident registration with all the technical information to allow escalation to external suppliers
- Modify configurations of online sites for OBT, Portal, TSA and TSPM
- Test the modifications and document the results before closing or forwarding the incident
- Escalate the case to the vendor or development team
- Proven experience in the travel industry, ideally within corporate travel
- Previous technical and system administration experience
- Excellent communication skills - English
- Good knowledge of at least 1 GDS system is required, but experience of 2 or more GDS systems preferred
- Knowledge in Agent & Client facing Travel Technology and experience in the administration of an application is required
- A true team player with great empathy for customer needs, patience and a 'can-do' attitude, with good problem-solving skills
What we offer you
This is an exciting opportunity within an international company. You'll be working with a great team of colleagues. And we offer you a competitive salary, training, career development and a dynamic working environment.
Your work location
This role will be homebased within the UK but with the need to travel to BCD offices as required. This could be for face to face meeings, training, product updates etc
How to apply
Is this your next career move? Don't wait any longer. Click 'Apply here' to create your online profile in our job portal and upload your CV. A short cover letter telling us why you feel you have the skills to succeed at BCD Travel would also be appreciated.
Get to know us
BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. For travellers this means keeping them safe and productive, and equipping them to make good choices on the road. For travel and procurement managers, it means advising them on how to grow the value of their travel programme. In short, we help our clients travel smart and achieve more. We make this happen globally with more than 13,000 creative, committed and experienced people. And it's how we maintain an industry leading client-retention rate of 95%, with 2017 sales of US$25.7billion. For more information, visit www.bcdtravel.co.uk.
And to stay informed about new career opportunities at BCD Travel
Use the 'notify me' button at our careers centre to be one of the first to hear about interesting opportunities in the future. Select "GBR" as your filter on the left-hand side of the screen for updates on all UK-based vacancies or else choose by your area of special interest.
And don't forget to follow us on LinkedIn too where we post regularly.
You must have the existing right to live and work in the UK for this role.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled