BCD Travel Fares & Ticketing Consultant in United Kingdom
Special Fares Travel Agent
Full time role (37.5 hour) week -- Hull Offices Monday to Friday working
This position is responsible for airline ticketing for our UK Operations teams and for filing, testing and auditing public and private airline contracts. Our ideal candidate will have previous travel agency experience but if not training will be provided. Knowledge of at least one GDS/airline contract management tool would be an advantage. To succeed you will be an excellent team player and will show good attention to detail. The ability to remain focused under pressure and to work to tight time deadlines is essential.
Your focus will be :
- Providing an efficient, courteous and responsive fares and ticketing service to our clients
- Ensuring a fast and efficient telephone answering service
- Making sure that all back office procedures are followed and deadlines are met
- Checking that Management Information Statistics are accurately entered according to procedure
- Developing and maintaining an excellent rapport with BCD's UK & Ireland travel consultants
- Filing, testing and auditing public and private airline contracts (after training)
- Analysing and interpreting airline contracts and tariffs acting as an SME (after training)
- You may have worked in a low-cost flight centre, an airline or leisure travel
- You may have studied travel & tourism / reservations/ airline fares and ticketing
- You might have worked in a customer service call centre and will have a great telephone manner
- You will understand the importance of accurate data entry and will pay great attention to detail
- You will be time-driven and understand deadlines
- You will be keen to learn and always ready to help your colleagues
- You will want to work in the travel industry and be ready for a challenge
What we offer you
This is an exciting opportunity within an international company. You'll be working with a great team of colleagues. And we offer you a competitive salary, training, career development and a dynamic working environment.
Your work location
This role is based at our BCD Travel office in Hull City Centre.
How to apply
Is this your next career move? Don't wait any longer. Register now at our careers centre if you've not already done so. Upload your CV and ideally a brief covering letter too.
Get to know us
BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. We give travellers innovative tools that keep them safe and productive, and help them make good choices on the road. We partner with travel and procurement leaders to simplify the complexities of business travel, drive savings and satisfaction, and move whole companies toward their goals. In short, we help our clients travel smart and achieve more. We make this happen in 109 countries with almost 13,800 creative, committed and experienced people. And it's how we maintain the industry's most consistent client retention rate, with 2018 sales of US$27.1 billion. For more information, visit www.bcdtravel.com.
And to stay informed about new career opportunities at BCD Travel
Use the 'notify me' button at our careers centre to be one of the first to hear about interesting opportunities in the future. Select "GBR" as your filter on the left-hand side of the screen for updates on all UK-based vacancies or else choose by your area of special interest.
And don't forget to follow us on LinkedIn too where we post regularly.
You must have the right to live and work in the UK for this role.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled