BCD Travel HR Business Partner, China in China
A culture of purpose: Where will your BCD M&E career take you?
As perfectionists, artists, strategic thinkers and leaders in the industry, we believe culture is defined by its people. We are looking for exceptional people who rise to our standards while bringing their unique perspective to the table. Are you interested in adding to both our mission and our energy?
Senior/HR Business Partner
Reporting in to the HR Business Partner for APAC and dotted line to the Country Director for China, the Senior/HR Business Partner will develop, implement, integrate and drive HR solutions and strategy with business strategy while building leadership and management capabilities within the China Office in the APAC region.
As a strategic partner, the Senior/HR Business Partner aligns business objectives with employees and management. The Senior/HR Business Partner will serve as an advisory role to the China management team on human resource related issues. The Senior/HR Business Partner will assess and anticipate HR-related needs, communicate proactively and seek to develop integrated solutions.
- Partners with business leaders to solve complex organizational challenges through effective HR solutions and interventions.
- Advise business leaders of HR challenges and risks associated with current business practices and decisions, and ensure compliance to policies, regulations and legislations
- Design, deliver and operationalize global HR processes and programs to ensure alignment with global, regional and business strategy in the areas of Compensation, Benefits, Performance and Talent Management, Pay Administration, Talent Acquisition, Talent Development, Succession Planning and Organization Design
- Provide management coaching to business leaders and managers in the areas of performance management and talent development
- Work with business leaders to analyze data from the employee engagement survey; identify trends and drive solutions to improve employee satisfaction, performance and retention
- Super user of the Global Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS); ensure and maintain accurate and updated personnel information and records
- Overall responsibility for China compensation and benefits, including Payroll administration, bonus and merit reviews, comp structure and benefits revisions
- Work closely with Global, Regional and local HR counterparts to ensure a broad consistency of approach and commitment in good HR practices and framework.
- Review and analyze business and people metrics; present findings, recommended solutions and improvements to the business
- Lead and participate in Global, Regional and Local HR projects and conference calls
- Responsible for monthly Local HR reports
- Perform other duties and responsibilities not outlined herein as necessary
- Require to travel internationally (10%), when necessary
We're looking for you if your profile matches the following:
- University degree preferably in HR discipline
- At least 6 years of experience with strong HR background and capabilities as a business partner in a MNC environment.
- Experience using a HRIS system i.e. SAPSuccessfactors, Bipo preferred
- Ability to multi-task and flexible, ability to respond to changes in the business environment and work with ambiguity in a fast moving dynamic environment
- Demonstrate competence in coaching, employee relations
- Strong knowledge of local employment laws
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Excellent leadership, project management, problem solving and written communication
- Ability to speak mandarin to liaise with Chinese speaking employees
What we offer you
- A culture of purpose where we are invested in your happiness and career growth
- Competitive salary and benefits package
Get to know us
At BCD Meetings & Events (BCD M&E), we provide more than meeting and event planning and execution. We are in the business of creating impactful human connections that matter. Connections that inspire, motivate and change behavior for our customers. As the world's most trusted and innovative meetings and events agency, BCD M&E cultivates a culture of people, passion and purpose to drive business forward. Headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the world, BCD M&E's team of 1,500+ people are committed to driving success for our customers, our business and ourselves.
See if you belong at bcdme.com.
This position is not open to third-party recruiting agencies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled