BCD Travel Business Analyst in Raleigh, North Carolina
Do you want to work with bright, talented individuals who take pride in their work and also know how to have fun?! You've come to the right place.
BCD Meetings & Events is one of the leading global providers of meetings, group incentive travel and creative services for some of the world's biggest brands. Our unique difference is that we bring together resources at a local level, centralize processes on a regional level and leverage our global presence to deliver the value and results our clients set out to achieve. We work collaboratively, creatively, and passionately -- and look to hire experts who do the same.
We are headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific -- a combined global work force of more than 1,100 resources and annual sales volume of approximately $992 million. We are an independently managed operating company of BCD Holdings N.V. and a sister organization of BCD Travel, the world's third-largest travel management company. We are proud of that. We are also one of the best places to work because of our fundamental commitment to our employees. To find out more about our company, visit us at http://www.bcdme.com/.
We're seeking client facing individuals who can tell a compelling story out of complicated data and are interested in joining a growing technology team focused on delivering value through data, analytics and visualizations.
You'll be working on a variety of business intelligence focused projects that will challenge your analysis skills, strategic and tactical decision making ability, storytelling and creativity. Responsibilities are wide ranging and allow you to grow into other areas of analytics, data and technology.
BCD's headquarters in the heart of downtown Chicago. In addition, we have an office in Raleigh -- Both with an outstanding office environment and culture. We have a strong focus on our employees, their growth and providing a stimulating environment.
- Analyze, interpret and tell a story from client financial, operational and performance data
- Responsible for quality control of meeting data and data integrity
- Analyze data and provide fact-based recommendations to drive program enhancements, reduce costs, streamline process and increase savings
- Develop and maintain the report production schedule for assigned accounts
- Test the systems of record for consistency and properly escalate issues for a quick resolution; ensure that all proper parties are informed of issues
- Report on inconsistencies and partner with performance optimization to ensure teams are aware and trained on data standards
- Make recommendations for process improvements through data analysis
- Benchmark data against industry, regional, and global standards to assist in developing internal and account roadmaps
- Monitor performance of data input to ensure accuracy and data completeness
- Ensure accurate and appropriate reporting is implemented to support SLA (Service Level Agreement) and KPI (Key Performance Indicators) reporting
- Keep job-related reporting Standard Operating Procedures up-to-date and accurate
- Work as part of a Team with data analysts, developers, account managers and internal stake holders on a variety of data, analytic and visualization projects
- Keep abreast of changes in technology and the meeting industry to look for new ways of delivering value through reporting and analytics
- Assist leadership team with on-demand reporting requests and analytical needs
- Participate in training of newly hired employees regarding data capture, entry and governance
- Participate in implementation of new accounts to ensure reporting requirements are captured and any actions needed to enable client reporting are captured and actioned
- Attend and participate in departmental and team meetings
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Assume and perform other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, but which are logically and properly inherent to the position
- Ability to liaise and interact with the client directly
- Protect the confidential information of both BCD M&E and client
- Compile and contribute to quarterly data for client quarterly reviews in required format
- Constantly transform reporting as client needs change; strive for consistency, accuracy, and cleanliness
- Responsible for driving data governance efforts at the account and enterprise Understand the data and how to efficiently transform it into useful scheduled reports for internal team and the client
- Produce preferred vendor reports to assist client procurement department in annual negotiations
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum of 5 years analytics experience
- Minimum of 3 year meetings industry experience
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel and Pivot Tables
- Experience with writing basic SQL queries a plus
- Cvent or Active StarCite Meeting Technology highly preferred
- Understanding of Tableau and PowerPoint
- Ability to learn and operate in other multi-software applications
- Prior meeting planning/purchasing experience a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled