BCD Travel Senior Corporate Travel Consultant - Virtual in Los Angeles, California
Where will your career take you? We're not just any travel management company. We help clients travel smart and achieve more.
WORK FROM HOME POSITION AND HAVE WEEKENDS OFF!
Are you ready for your corporate travel experience to launch your career with BCD Travel? Get ready because this client is ready for take off!
This Senior Corporate Travel Consultant is responsible for accurately and efficiently handling incoming requests via multiple channels (i.e. phone, email, etc.) for our client within the aerospace engineering industry.
The travel consultant is the primary point of contact for the customer and provides active travel consultation towards the business customers, including providing travel details and up-selling of related product.
This position supports (2) two accounts/clients.
Sabre GDS skills required. The hours for this position are 8:30am - 5:30pm Pacific.
Complex international reservation experience is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Expertly use the appropriate BCD Travel tools and systems to complete requests
- Search and confirm travel reservations for the customer
- Strong understanding of a client travel policy and can appropriately guide and consistently provide consultation to the customer
- Provide travel offers and general travel advice to travelers
- Responds to requests accurately and completely
- Excellent knowledge and application of travel supplier rules
- Maintains, actively communicates and seeks expansion of current knowledge of the state of the various travel industries supported
- Provides the customer with the required industry information, such as low fares, exchange costs and penalties
- Can fulfill all requests regarding necessary regulations (DOT, TSA, passports, visas, etc.)
- Supports BCD Travel and client driven initiatives
- Minimum of 3-5 plus years' experience in the corporate travel management industry with an emphasis in complex international reservations
- Solid working knowledge of the travel industry, policies, procedures and processes
- Advanced skills on travel industry systems, including Sabre GDS
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in designated languages
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work independently, exercising discretion and judgment
- Demonstrated excellent professional customer service and problem resolution skills
- Strong problem solving and/or critical thinking skills
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated internet research skills for customer information
- Degree in tourism-related field
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled