BCD Travel Corporate Travel Consultant - Groups (Temporary) in Dallas, Texas
Where willyourcareer take you? We're not just any travel management company. We help clients travel smart and achievemore.
The Corporate Travel Consultant Groups (TEMPORARY) is responsible for accurately and efficiently handling incoming requests via multiple channels (i.e. phone, email, etc.).
The travel consultant is the primary point of contact for the customer and provides active travel consultation towards the business customers, including providing travel details and up-selling of related product.
This position demonstrates a strong understanding and applicability of all areas of responsibility. Works independently on requests. Provides assistance to team members as requested.
Sabre GDS skills required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consistently chooses the correct BCD Travel tools and systems to complete requests
- Search and confirm travel reservations for the customer
- Understands and accurately applies client travel policy and requirements to each interaction
- Provide travel offers and general travel advice to travelers
- Responds to requests accurately and completely
- Understands and accurately applies travel supplier rules
- Maintains current knowledge of the state of the various travel industries supported
- Provides the customer with the required industry information, such as low fares, exchange costs and penalties
- Can fulfill all requests regarding necessary regulations (DOT, TSA, passports, visas, etc.)
- Supports BCD Travel and client driven initiatives
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in the travel industry
- Solid working knowledge of the travel industry, policies, procedures and processes
- Knowledgeable of travel industry systems, including Sabre GDS
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in designated languages
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to work independently, exercising discretion and judgment
- Demonstrated professional customer service skills
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled