BCD Travel Registration Manager in Charlotte, North Carolina
BCD Meetings & Events is a global meeting and event management company offering event to enterprise solutions ranging from operating a single meeting to designing full strategic meetings management programs (SMMPs). We have locations in 40 countries across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, with annual sales of approximately $620 million and a combined global work force of over 600 employees. Our world headquarters are in Chicago and we have regional hubs in Mexico City, Utrecht and Singapore.
We are an independent operating unit of BCD Travel, the world's third-largest travel management company, owned by BCD Group. BCD Group employs approximately 12,000 people and operates in more than 100 countries with total sales, including franchising, of US $24 billion.
The Registration Manager is responsible for all aspects of attendee management, communication and attendee database reporting. This position is responsible for supporting the operations team in planning successful meeting, incentive and event programs by managing the registration process while maintaining a high level of customer service to the client and meeting attendees.
Essential Job Functions:
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly
- Must be able to take direction and work well with others
- Must be able to work under the stress of and meet deadlines
- Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately while meeting applicable productivity measures
- Must be able to change productively and to handle other tasks as assigned
Job Specific Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with client prior to website development to assess program reporting needs and client's desired reporting schedule once registration opens. Consult with client to ensure that reporting plan achieves client objectives in the most efficient manner. Recap reporting plan to client and to program manager.
- Build and maintain registration websites for each assigned event. Oversee all aspects of the website design, keeping close eye on details and client led changes to the site. Included in this process are also invitation and confirmation design and management.
- Understand Client Brand and how to ensure LOB's are in compliance.
- Work to incorporate CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) initiatives of client into meetings/events when possible.
- Ability to identify resources in a complex organization to effectively get results.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all meeting contacts to ensure repeat and new business.
- Setup initial registration call with client to discuss the registration process including costs, air process, registration software capabilities, print products, reporting and other registration steps.
- Oversee and monitor attendee registration process and update program manager, client and Suppliers as needed.
- Troubleshoot registration issues and answer any questions program managers or clients may have while managing the day to day registration of the program.
- Manage all aspects of the room block, including but not limited to attrition, additional rooms, and room list accuracy. Communicate rooming details directly to hotel and review associated hotel addendum with program manager.
- Update revised room blocks accordingly in registration database.
- Report final quality control of all event reports for assigned programs to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Manage air travel and serve as an escalation point between air team and client for approvals on any flights outside meeting parameters.
- Ensure arrival/departure manifests are accurate and communicated to ground supplier(s), and/or program manager.
- Communicate flight changes to suppliers and travel staff once final manifests have been submitted to team and suppliers.
- Facilitate and manage preparation of name badges working with printer to ensure accuracy and delivery.
- Correspond with hotel, DMC, and other vendors as needed.
- Ensure distribution of host and attendee surveys, compile results.
- Occasional onsite help with program operation.
- Must be able to work via project plan.
- Expected to treat colleagues, employees, and suppliers with whom you interact with respect and dignity.
- Responsible for protecting confidential information of BCD M&E and Client.
- Conduct oneself in a professional and approachable manner at all times.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, as requested.
- Strong attention to detail
- Capability of problem solving in a timely manner-anticipating, initiating and resolving participants and clients' issues
- Ability to respond to change
- Ability to lead - setting direction, developing teamwork and collaboration, and achieving results through others
- Ability to work with all personality types
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentations
- Effective organizational and time management skills, with a strong ability to manage multiple projects and timetables
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to ever-changing scenarios
- Accept responsibility for projects, team and self
- Strong listening and evaluating skills
- Capability of thinking innovatively and conceptually
- Inter-personal and customer skills with ability to build relationships with clients and vendors
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple requests simultaneously
- Solid proofreading and quality control skills
- Ability to work independently developing action plans and implementing goals and objectives
- Strong competency of Excel and Word
- 1-3 years job-related experience required (i.e. event registration, administrative, etc.)
- Hotel Sales/Convention Services/Reservation Experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to quickly adapt to and learn new technology interfaces
- Knowledge and previous experience with meeting, event and incentive programs and participant registration is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled