BCD Travel Sr. Operations Manager - Virtual in Burbank, California
Sr. Manager, Operations
*This is a virtual position but canidates must work PT (West coast) hours *
The Senior Manager - Operations is responsible for the overall management and performance of a large travel operation or multiple operations including operational performance, client servicing and retention, employee management and budgetary and cost management. This person ensures all operational goals are met consistently.
This position demonstrates an extensive understanding and applicability of all areas in the travel industry, call center operations and client servicing.
Span of control will be based on number and complexity of accounts and number of direct reports.
- Maintain a strong understanding of a client policies and processes, determining the impact to the operation team as changes are implemented
- Maintains and seeks expansion of current knowledge of various industries (Travel Management, Account
- Leads the effort or provides direction to review current work processes, procedures and policies, seeking efficiencies and effectiveness improvements making sure company objectives are met
- Reviews operations performance reports and provides direction and implements programs to improve the performance of the operations against goals
- Leads the team in error reduction efforts, providing direction, measurement and reviews of progress against goals
- Ensure customer satisfaction is measured and goals are met; implementing plans for continuous improvement
- Serves as the primary liaison between the Account Manager and the operational staff; ensuring all client needs are met
- Minimum of six to seven (6-7) years corporate travel experience.
- Prior managerial experience of 4-5 years
- Prior budget and cost management experience
- Thorough knowledge of the travel industry, fares and markets
- Knowledge of GDS
- Thorough knowledge of travel operations
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, and email software
- Ability to travel on a regular basis
- Ability to work Pacific Time Zone hours
Why people join BCD:
· Flexible hours · Dynamic work environment · 13,000+ Employees · 100+ Countries
Why they STAY with BCD:
· Work/life balance · Freedom to grow · Environmentally responsible · Family atmosphere · Voted top places to work for
More about BCD Travel
BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. We give travelers innovative tools that keep them safe and productive and help them make good choices on the road. We partner with travel and procurement leaders to simplify the complexities of business travel, drive savings and satisfaction, and move whole companies toward their goals. In short, we help our clients travel smart and achieve more. We make this happen in 109 countries with almost 13,800 creative, committed and experienced people. And it's how we maintain the industry's most consistent client retention rate, with 2018 sales of US$27.1 billion.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled