BCD Travel Sr Director Omni-Channel Merchandising in Atlanta, Georgia
BCD continues to enhance its hotel solutions offering and thus expanding the hotel solutions team. We are looking for a Sr. Director Hotel Merchandising, a newly created position created to change how things are done in the Travel Management Industry.
In this role you provide leadership and vision to drive Stay at BCD's merchandising strategies along multiple sales channels. This person has a strong passion and understanding of user journeys along with a deep knowledge of how to use data to drive merchandising strategy benefit BCD Travel and our clients. In addition, they will should have a thorough understanding of analytics that drive a successful business at a P&L and experiential level. You should bring a solid track record in building and managing a successful business and proven experience in launching a strategic eCommerce business. Most importantly this person is a passionate change agent!
- Oversee a new concept development, strategizing, planning, launching, implementing, and coordination of the initiatives including both products selling and experiential elements such as content. Develop the product and site content strategy.
- Continue to grow omnichannel strategies, architecture and infrastructure requirements to fulfill the Digital Destination business strategy. Keep current with the latest digital trends and technology to keep the site at the forefront and ahead of competition. Ability to demonstrate strong customer focus and spearhead overall strategic positioning to follow industry trends and to keep a "finger-on-the-pulse" of the customer base and competition.
- Lead the integration of marketing, online, sales and advertising to develop multi-channel strategies and increase brand/product awareness. Strong understanding of the numerous channels that drive traffic and conversion and the related measurements.
- Oversee team of data scientists who assist in creating the merchandising strategy
- Implementation of AI tools to enhance the merchandising strategy.
- Build trusting cross-functional relationships with Suppliers, Product Development, and Sales.
- Constantly question and clarify the cross-functional implications of all product decisions and ensure that critical business issues are surfaced and considered.
- Provide vision and business direction for merchandising workflows and processes that ultimately improve the customer experience.
- Create and implement success metrics, key performance indicators (KPIs) and standards for enhancement requests, demonstrating a deep understanding of business objectives and defining site business strategies to meet these objectives and then translating these into clear actionable steps, as new initiatives or needs for optimization are determined.
- Communicate Vision for the Client experience, providing senior leadership and across the organization, a view of the roadmap and how the separate enhancements feed into that vision.
Partner with third-party vendors to identify and apply solutions for customer acquisition, conversion and website optimization.
Frame and map opportunities based on historical results & current trends to maximize sales.
- Develop strategies to deliver financial plans (sales, margin, contribution, inventory turns).
- Analyze sales and productivity of items and categories to communicate results and to create action plans.
- Years of Related Professional Experience: 15+
- Educational/Position Requirements:
- BA or BS degree in Marketing, Business, Retail Merchandising, or Information Services with emphasis in online Marketing or related field.
- 10+ years relevant and progressive experience; 5 years in management or senior management. Strong understanding of apparel and or footwear merchandising and sales.
- Strong knowledge of Digital Marketing best practices that result in customer acquisition, retention and growth.
- Strong understanding of managing and directing website Technical Structure, Design & Aesthetics, Content, Navigation, Information Architecture, Branding/Marketing, Performance, and Functionality efforts to positively impact eCommerce and consumer engagement efforts.
- 5+ years experience managing websites preferred.
- Experience with PPC - Management of Pay per click programs in depth understanding of search engines, search engine optimization and factors that influence high rankings in Google
- Ability to specify technical changes to technical/development teams
- Experience with web analytics tools
- Experience using a CMS and an understanding of the impact they have on SEO.
- Experience in managing a diverse and creative group of individuals and leading change. Demonstrated ability to work with and inspire a broad range of individuals to work toward a common goal.
- Ability to compile and analyze search data and metrics and make decisions regarding campaign direction.
- Ability to perform customer acquisition cost, click through rate, conversion, spend and creative analysis to identify growth/optimization opportunities.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Must have a track record in building eCommerce business with focus on content and community. Experience establishing procedures, implementing processes and executing.
- Experience developing performance metrics.
- A strong track record of successful leadership.
- Experience with successfully managing large department budgets.
- Strong strategic and tactical skills, as well as technical skills to understand the eCommerce, content, and advertising markets in order to create demand and generate revenues.
- Intimate understanding of the creative process and experience working with and evaluating creative products.
- Strong execution focus and enjoy working in results-oriented environment.
- Successful experience and proven track-record with eCommerce, internet and web production as well as traditional product marketing and strategy experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled