BCD Travel Solutions Architect - Virtual in Atlanta, Georgia
This position is 100% virtual*
As a key, top-level contributor, the Solutions Architect will utilize a broad technical expertise to lead the conception, development and build of complex global IT initiatives.
In this high visibility role, as part of the Global Enterprise Architecture team, you will be on the leading edge of helping to define and execute our technology strategies, governance and policy.
The Solutions Architect must be able to successfully partner with internal & external customers, experts and vendors to define, clarify and document objectives, requirements and success factors for a given initiative.
Using your broad technical knowledge across multiple technology areas you must be able to work effectively with the accountable engineering teams and experts in those technology areas to architect, design and document solutions to meet a wide variety of challenges.
- Works with Subject-Matter-Experts throughout the global technology team to architect complete, detailed solutions to complex problems.
- Creates exceptionally detailed documentation, including: solution proposals, architectural diagrams, dataflow diagrams, process maps, detailed configuration documentation and process documentation.
- Build and maintain momentum within projects and initiatives, driving adoption, engagement and success.
- Develop technology solutions that align within the overall IT and business strategy.
- Develop, document, communicate, and enforce technology standards.
- Develop, document, make recommendations, and communicate plans for investing in IT infrastructure, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Conducts independent researches as needed to complete assignments & maintain knowledge across the broad range of technologies supported. Stays up-to-date on emerging technologies and new capabilities of our standard technologies.
- When necessary, leverages expertise in hands-on engineering activities.
- Mentoring, instructing and sharing knowledge with global colleagues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 8+ years Technical Experience across multiple infrastructure technologies at an SME level.
- Excellent Communication Skills: Oral, Written and Presentation.
- Knowledgeable and up-to-date on current technologies, best practices, and BCD Travel technology and security policies and procedures.
- Broad knowledge of Infrastructure technologies (including but not limited to: server hardware and operating systems, storage technologies, networking, messaging and directory services, virtualization and security). SME level knowledge across all these areas is NOT required, but sufficient knowledge to understand these technologies and ask appropriate questions to architect a full solution is.
- Ability to independently research new and unfamiliar technology as needed.
- Exceptional documentation skills, including: infrastructure architectural diagrams, dataflow diagrams, process maps, detailed configuration documentation and process documentation.
- Ability to convey complex solutions in simple language and/or diagrams so it can be understood by less technical parties.
- Travel <25% of the time both domestically and internationally
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (Preferred)
- Technical Certifications (e.g. Microsoft, AWS, Cisco, Red Hat, ITIL, PMP, TOGAF) (Preferred)
- Project Management experience (Preferred)
- Familiarity with ISO and PCI Standards (Preferred)
Why people join BCD:
· Flexible hours · Dynamic work environment · 13,000+ Employees · 100+ Countries
Why they STAY with BCD:
· Work/life balance · Freedom to grow · Environmentally responsible · Family atmosphere · Voted top places to work for
More about BCD Travel
BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. We give travelers innovative tools that keep them safe and productive and help them make good choices on the road. We partner with travel and procurement leaders to simplify the complexities of business travel, drive savings and satisfaction, and move whole companies toward their goals. In short, we help our clients travel smart and achieve more. We make this happen in 109 countries with almost 13,800 creative, committed and experienced people. And it's how we maintain the industry's most consistent client retention rate, with 2018 sales of US$27.1 billion.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled