BCD Travel Senior Manager Industry Communications - Virtual in Atlanta, Georgia
Senior Manager, Industry Communications
This is a virtual, work-from-home position that can be filled in the US, UK or EMEA
Do you look at the challenges the travel industry throws at travel management companies and their clients and say, "I've got this"? Do you enjoy a fast-paced environment with lots of moving parts? We're looking for a dynamic communicator who can see the big picture--and understand all the parts that go into it. Sound like you? Read on.
As senior manager for industry communications, you'll work with incredibly smart people to conceptualize and create deliverables that keep a wide variety of internal audiences informed and engaged on hot industry issues--and position BCD as a trusted adviser for clients and an influential voice in the marketplace. The burning topic of content and distribution (NDC, direct connect, private channels, etc.) will take much of your attention. But the great thing about corporate travel is that there are always new challenges coming down the pike--so you'll never be bored!
- Liaise closely with senior stakeholders to understand and anticipate the impact that industry developments will have on BCD and our clients.
- Participate in all industry-impact-related project teams as communication leader.
- With the goal of increasing awareness and comfort levels on complex topics, conceptualize, create and distribute educational information/collateral for audiences including:Commercial teams (Program Management, Sales, Supplier Relations, Product Marketing) -- e.g., webinars, FAQs, relevant project updates, talking points, video tutorials
- Operations -- e.g., process guides, FAQs, relevant project updates
- Executives -- e.g., dashboards, strategic process summaries
- Clients/prospects -- e.g., targeted email communications, position papers, blog articles
- Establish consistent and effective work flow for requesting, creating, editing, housing, publishing, reviewing and retiring industry-related content.
- Monitor both internal (e.g., intranet) and external (e.g., trade media) channels for opportunities to respond to questions, industry developments, etc., and proactively propose these responses to senior stakeholders for review and approval.
- Liaise with content, event and PR teams to identify, secure or respond to industry-related speaking and media opportunities, and provide messaging and support to speakers/interviewees
- Bachelor's degree
- Three to five years of experience in the corporate travel industry
- (experience in the areas of content and distribution and New Distribution Capability (NDC) is a definite plus)
- Five to ten years of experience as a communicator
- Excellent written and spoken English required
- Candidate to provide at least five work samples such as internal communications, project plans, news releases, blog posts, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills preferred
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholders across functions, geographies and cultures preferred
- A "project manager mentality," able to juggle multiple tasks and priorities and meet changing business needs preferred
Why people join BCD:
- Flexible hours
- Dynamic work environment
- 13,000+ Employees
100+ Countries Why they STAY with BCD:
- Freedom to grow
- Environmentally responsible
- Family atmosphere
- Voted top places to work for More about BCD Travel
BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. We give travelers innovative tools that keep them safe and productive, and help them make good choices on the road. We partner with travel and procurement leaders to simplify the complexities of business travel, drive savings and satisfaction, and move whole companies toward their goals. In short, we help our clients travel smart and achieve more. We make this happen in 109 countries with almost 13,800 creative, committed and experienced people. And it's how we maintain the industry's most consistent client retention rate, with 2018 sales of US$27.1 billion.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled