BCD Travel Global Account Manager_Work from Home Opportunity! in Atlanta, Georgia
This is a virtual, work from home opportunity for individuals based in the US!
Do you want to work with bright, talented individuals who take pride in their work and also know how to have fun?! You've come to the right place.
BCD Meetings & Events is one of the leading global providers of meetings, group incentive travel and creative services for some of the world's biggest brands. Our unique difference is that we bring together resources at a local level, centralize processes on a regional level and leverage our global presence to deliver the value and results our clients set out to achieve. We work collaboratively, creatively, and passionately -- and look to hire experts who do the same.
We are headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific -- a combined global work force of more than 1,100 resources and annual sales volume of approximately $992 million. We are an independently managed operating company of BCD Holdings N.V. and a sister organization of BCD Travel, the world's third-largest travel management company. We are proud of that. We are also one of the best places to work because of our fundamental commitment to our employees. To find out more about our company, visit us at http://www.bcdme.com/.
The Global Account Manager (GAM) is responsible driving strategic business initiatives and optimizing the way we do business with key client account(s). The GAM is directly accountable to achieve both client, and BCD M&E goals related to: program strategy, innovation & optimization; client retention, contractual obligations customer ROI goals for the program, financial performance, profitability, quality of service, preferred vendor performance, technology, efficiencies, forward thinking thought process and business development. The GAM works closely with Operations Manager(s) to create a collaborative team environment ensure accountability for service delivery, resource modeling, analytics and customer satisfaction.
The GAM will also be responsible to drive growth; stakeholder adoption and engagement within assigned account and be responsible for roll out of new technologies; including training new user groups and some configuration to ensure optimal client adoption.
- Overall accountability for the global client relationship and contract
- Identifies and contracts additional scope and account growth for BCD
- Recommends strategies for program expansion in any region
- Drives strategy and optimization initiatives in partnership with the client
- Client presentations and review construct
- Analyses data for insights and client recommendations
- Builds strong relationships both internally (BCD) and externally (client)
- Is responsible for SLAs, KPIs, client financials and business planning
- Manages multiple accounts within portfolio
- Represents account management during implementation of new accounts
Global Account Management:
- Work with customer(s) to develop business objectives for the meetings program. Develop a strategic business plan to achieve objectives. Focusing on both client and BCD M&E program objectives. Track and report progress to goals.
- Provide strategic direction to clients on expanding the program into new regions / countries
- Ensure the customer's goals will result in achieving both BCD M&E and the clients' financial, growth and service goals
- Works closely alongside Business Analyst to identify and maintain reporting requirements for customer, follows up to ensure monthly reporting is accurate and timely, provides business insights and analytics to identify gaps and opportunities for client
- Serve as primary point of authority on the terms and deliverables of the assigned client(s) contract. Responsible for contract negotiation, management and understanding the terms of the contract(s) to ensure that contractual commitments are continually met. Monitor results on a global basis and collaborate toward overall global agreements
- Understand and evaluate customer opportunities for; process improvement, consulting solutions, identify and evaluate individual projects on the basis of a cost benefit proposition.
- Engage and network with customer end users to communicate & educate meeting program policy, benefits, services; as well as a feedback and discovery loop that is ongoing and feeds into potential initiatives to drive additional adoption and success within meetings program
- align closely with operations team to drive continuous process improvement throughout all operation(s), evolve company standard operating procedures
- Facilitate the involvement of BCD M&E specialized departments to achieve the goals of the customer and introduce new technologies, new preferred suppliers, new operational best practices, etc.
- Drive knowledge of BCD M&E and client preferred vendor program and direct team to apply knowledge to increase savings to client.
- Work with global financial management to manage account profitability by reviewing P&L's monthly and taking action as appropriate. Interface with financial representatives to produce accurate financial reporting for client.
- Support negotiation of customer-specific Service Level Agreements; align with operations to achieve service levels; and report progress to customer and management. Develop measurements for all contractual objectives for the client, (i.e. Scorecard, or KPI's).
- Responsible for the financial management of the contract, ensure budgets and forecasts are submitted ,financial agreements are invoiced and paid in a timely manner; ensure country P&L's are reconciled to include all services.Meets/exceeds budgeted contribution and profit for assigned client(s).
- Identify trends and impact on the business plan, review accuracy of reporting, benchmark and monitor trends recommending program changes and opportunities based on business intelligence
- Plan and execute mid-year and annual strategic account reviews
- Drive development, content and quality of client presentations prior to the meeting. Drives the presentation.
- Take a consultative approach to positioning "value added" products and services, and expansion of business to achieve additional growth and revenue. Navigate the pertinent pricing changes needed throughout the life of the contract, as the scope of services change, local cost structures change, etc.
- Oversees / directs client expansions/implementations and ensures contractual agreements are implemented. Develop client specific marketing strategies to target adoption, compliance and non-participating countries. Insure global, or country-specific, Marketing / Communications plan fits the needs and budget goals of the customer.
- Develop contacts at all levels. Interfaces with key client contacts globally to build multi-level relationships within the company. Keeps client(s) informed of business trends and industry updates
- Introduce BCD M&E senior management to the customer when appropriate
- Responsible for communicating plans and key objectives to both client and BCD M&E management, (i.e. operations, finance, HR, IR, IT, Sales and any other relevant department.)
- Develop and maintain strong supplier relationships, engage Industry Relations globally, as needed to support strategic sourcing initiatives of the client. Assist the client with negotiation of vendor contracts; providing analysis and leveraging of relationship to achieve goals.
- Organize, prepare and / or participate in client functions / activities (trade shows, seminars, conventions, etc.) to solidify relationships and improve customer knowledge of BCD M&E products, services and benefits where appropriate
- Work closely with BCD M&E management for implementation of operations and oversee / direct the implementation of operations through the Implementation Project Management team.
- Lead and manage direct reports with a focus on personal development and performance excellence
- Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, but which are logically and properly inherent to the position.
- Experience in implementing and managing accounts
- Experience in SMMP in LATAM and EMEA
- College degree required
- Technology configuration and process knowledge
- Prior budget and cost management experience
- Strategic meetings management experience
- Fluent in Business English
- Thorough knowledge of meetings technology / capabilities
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, webex and email software
- Some travel required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled