BCD Travel Director - Global Solutions Engineer - Virtual in Atlanta, Georgia
This position is 100% work from Home
Travel is quickly evolving and innovating in how digital, mobile, and new distributions power the best managed travel programs. We need great technology solution story tellers who will have gravitas in a room with executive-level decision makers to engineer and demonstrate the ideal solution across a structured engagement framework to solve their problems and ultimately help them decide to choose BCD Travel. Solutions Engineers go beyond just delivering great demos by also partnering with product and technology teams to identify trends and opportunities, and action client feedback, to continuously improve scalable technology capabilities and solutions selling tools.
- Support the BCD Travel annual sales and earnings goal by selling products and services to existing clients, support new sales efforts with prospects and support client retention efforts.
- Track all engagements and requests for assistance from initiation to final outcome using the BCD Travel CRM established procedures.
- Consult with the commercial owner on pricing strategies and commercial terms of BCD Travel products and services
- Understand how digital and mobile services are disrupting the service industry and have the expertise to be a presenter on BCD's digital roadmap.
- Tell a convincing story that is relevant to each client/prospect's travel program.
- Develop a feedback loop that ensures what we hear from clients/prospects is fed back to product development, product marketing and service configuration teams
- Review RFP responses and standard RFP database submissions to ensure responses related to technology solutions are clear and up to date
- Demo BCD travel technology with a focus on why it matters for our customers
- Have an active social media presence to support BCD's technology/product portfolio
- Support industry events such as ACTE and GBTA
- Provide and maintain technical sales support (e.g., product presentations, architecture reviews, application discussions, prototype development) for key accounts when needed or requested by BCD Travel managers. Actively coach technical sales strategy for key deals
- Prepare and present to prospects and existing clients product and service solutions with the goal of selling BCD Travel as the TMC or the products and services offered by BCD Travel.
- Maintain an in depth knowledge of how to sell products and services which includes the solution a product provides, how the product works and product demonstrations or presentations.
- Using the established pricing guidelines from the BCD Travel services list provide ideas and suggestions on pricing and ways to collect revenues.
- Maintains consistent information flows with all associated BCD Travel personnel
- Using the appropriate diagnostics and benchmarking capabilities determine the appropriate solutions (products and services) to present for sale to clients
- Provide RFP support as required including response to questions and sales strategy.
- Ensure timely tracking of all engagements within the BCD Travel CRM
- In conjunction with the sales team, develop a pre-sales / sales strategy using discovery, diagnostic and benchmarking capabilities and solutions offered by BCD Travel to win new business.
- Utilizes and adheres to the sales technique process as outlined by Solutions Engineering Team
- Create a targeted plan for selling products and services to existing clients. Includes expansion, retention and bid avoidance.
- Maintains high close and win ratios as assigned by VP/SVP
- Identifies competitive threats and emerging problems and offers
- Working with Product Planning and Product Marketing develop a sales plan for products and services.
- Will work with the sales rep during the sales life cycle to win new business
- Will work with the VP and account manager to sell products and services to existing clients
- Effective communication skills, oral, written and presentation
- Experience in closing sales opportunities and develop client relationship
- Experience with travel industry technology solutions
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 50%
- Functional knowledge of mobile and tablet technology for the purpose of executing demos
- Thorough knowledge of business travel management and supplier landscape
- Experienced with Microsoft business software suite (PowerPoint, Teams, etc.)
- 5+ years business travel industry experience
- Strong BCD product knowledge
- Excellent commercial English language skills
- College degree (Preferred)
- Fluency in a second major language is a plus (Preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled